Saturday, November 28, 2009

SharePoint 2010 Beta Installation (Part 1): Setting the stage

This is the first part of a series of posts where I'll use numerous screen shots to walk you through the steps to install SharePoint 2010 and all its prerequisites such as OS, SQL Server, etc.

I'll start with helping you pick the right laptop that meets the recommended hardware requirements with some useful tips. Then I'll dive into the detailed step-by-step pictorial demonstration of the installation of all prerequisites such as OS, SQL Server, service packs, cumulative update packages, etc.

After we're done with these post series (what I like to refer to as installation blog posts), I'll start another series of posts where I'll use numerous screen shots to demonstrate the new features and capabilities of SharePoint 2010.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this info, it certainly eliminate my initial errors and allowed me to complete the install.

    KathleenStH

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. I'm glad it was helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Thanks so much for the article,

    I am addicted to your post now and look forward for seeing more.

    Rahul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rahul,
    Thanks for your kind words. More posts are coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Shahram Khosravi. I work in part time internship and i have to upgrade from SharePoint 2007 to 2010. Even though my English is low leveled, I read your blog and wanted to ask what is different between SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2010 beta. Is there any differences?

    ReplyDelete